Serving Size: Two, 6-8 oz filets.
Fresh, premium Wild-Caught Atlantic Halibut is caught off the coast of Nova Scotia. This fish is an excellent source of selenium, a trace mineral with many health benefits that your body needs in small amounts. A cooked half-filet (160 grams) of halibut, which is the recommended serving size, provides over 100% of your daily dietary needs.
Selenium is a powerful antioxidant that helps your body repair damaged cells and can decrease inflammation. It also plays an important role in thyroid health. In addition, halibut is a good source of a variety of other micronutrients that contribute to good health, including:
- Niacin: Niacin plays a positive role in heart health and even helps prevent heart disease. It can also protect your skin from sun damage. A half-filet (160 grams) of halibut provides 57% of your dietary needs.
- Phosphorus: The second most abundant mineral in your body, phosphorus helps build bones, regulates metabolism, maintains a regular heartbeat and more. A serving of halibut provides 45% of your dietary needs.
- Magnesium: Magnesium is required for more than 600 reactions in your body, including protein formation, muscle movements and energy creation. A serving of halibut provides 42% of your dietary needs.
- Vitamin B12: Vitamin B12 plays an essential role in red blood cell formation and proper nervous system function. It’s found naturally in animal foods. A half-filet (160 grams) of halibut provides 36% of your dietary needs.
- Vitamin B6: Also known as pyridoxine, vitamin B6 is involved in over 100 reactions in your body. It’s beneficial to the central nervous system and may boost brain function. Halibut provides 32% of your dietary needs.